December Gym News
There are only a couple weeks left until Christmas. If you cannot tell I absolutely LOVE Christmas! The colors, lights, smells and the magic about it all! There are a lot of things going on in the gym the next couple months so please take time to read through each item, so you and your children do not miss anything. We have the slide show up and running in the gym. Watch closely for new announcements.
• Are you signed up for our Annual Christmas Party??? Our Christmas Party is scheduled for December 11th from 6:00-10:00pm. We will be donating again this year to the Genesis Women’s Shelter. All proceeds will be donated towards women and their families in need this Christmas. Invite you friends and come enjoy an evening of fun! DON’T FORGET to bring a pair of fun socks as we will do a fun exchange!
• Irving Tae-Kwon-Do – We are so excited to announce that we will be starting our own Tae-Kwon-Do Academy beginning in January. Classes will be for Boys & Girls ages 5 and up. We will offer 2 classes to begin with and were hopeful it will grow from there. Our Coaches have over 40 combined years of coaching and they are supper excited to be joining us. We will have a coaches introduction event Wednesday, December 7th & Thursday, December 8th in the lobby so you all can meet Coach Don & Coach Richard. We will offer a free Class in the dance room next week on Tuesday at 6:00pm for ages 10 and up and Thursday, at 6:00pm for ages 5-9 at for anyone who wants to try it out. Our Official classes will begin the first Tuesday in January. The cost for this class will be the same as if you just added another class to your schedule.
• Makeup Tokens – Starting January 1st makeup tokens will expire after 30 days. Also, you must be enrolled in our program in order to use makeup tokens and there will be a maximum of 4 tokens issued per month.
• REMINDER: If you have not paid an annual membership fee in the last 12 months, this charge will occur on December 17th. Once this fee has been charged, if you feel we may have made an error, please visit the front desk and we can evaluate the fee. Going forward, annual membership fees will be charged on the third Friday of every month for those who have previously registered in that month the year before.
• We have started running important announcements on the TV screens in our gym, so please make sure to take a moment to watch through each one as they may apply to your children.
• Please make sure if you chose to stay and watch your children that you are seated in one of our designated seating areas. You can choose bleachers, barstools, chairs, or the couches. At no time should anyone other than gymnasts be inside the black curtains which are inside our “gym area” as our insurance does not allow this. There should be no standing in the “hallway areas” in front of the dance room or the balance beams. We had our yearly visit from the Fire Marshall, and he was very specific that there was to be no standing in any of the “hallway areas” due to safety reasons.
• Ninja Shirts have finally arrived! Please stop by the Pro Shop to make your purchase. They are $25 each and come with a water bottle and a drawstring backpack. Every boy needs to be dressed in a Ninja shirt for class.
• If you have scheduled a makeup class, stop by the desk to pick up your makeup slip to go into class. This tells the coach you are attending the class. If you do not have a slip, you will not be admitted into the class.
• Looking Ahead – The gym will be closed will be closed for Christmas from December 23-25, resuming classes on the 27th. We will be closed for New Year’s from December 30-January 1, resuming classes on the 3rd.
• JANUARY CLOSURES: We are about to start our official meet season for our competition team. We will be hosting our first meet of the season January 14th, 15th, and 16th. Our gym will be CLOSED for evening classes from January 13th- January 16th in preparation for our meet. Classes will resume January 17th as no Make-up tokens WILL be given for these closure dates.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please let me know.
Mrs. Shelly & the IGA Staff