January Gym News
Posted by IGA – December 31, 1969
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year’s. We are excited to be back and are looking forward to an amazing spring semester!
• A huge “THANK YOU” goes out to all of you who brought your children to our Christmas party and donated Clothes and Body Sprays. The shelter was absolutely ecstatic and so grateful to get all our gifts. So from the bottom of our hearts we thank you all so much and look forward to doing it again next year!
• Super Saturday is January 18th! Join us for our annual “JAMMIES IN JANUARY” from 6-10 P.M. Wear your cozy pj’s bring a blanket/pillow and come enjoy the night filled with fun. We will have movies, games, popcorn and dinner. Your kids will not want to miss this so please sign up in the office! Pricing goes as follows: $25 for the first child, $20 for the second, and $15 for each additional. You can log-into your account and register for this or stop by the desk and we will help you get registered. All students not on the list by the prior Friday will be charged an additional $5 at the door.
• As of January 1st our Policies and Procedures were updated. Please take a minute to read through the enclosed list. These will go into effect beginning February 1st. If you have any questions please let us know.
• Beginning this month we will have a new Make-up Class Procedure. When your child misses a class you will be sent an email for a “Make-up Token” which will allow you to log into your account and schedule a make-up class at your convenience. You must have a current email on file so please stop by the desk if you are not receiving our information so we can get your account updated. We will spend this month working all the kinks out so beginning in February we will no longer be processing make-up classes at the desk.
• We will be hosting 2 gymnastics meets this year for our Competition teams. Hula Fest will be our first meet on March 7-8 and then we will host Level 3 State which will be gyms and kids from all over the State on April 18-19. These events are big in the life of our gym and will require some down time to set up, prepare and then clean up. The gym will be closed for Rec Classes March 4,5 & 6 as well as March 9-10. This is 5 days which will take the place of our normal closing for Spring Break. We will be open for regular classes March 16-20 which is the IISD Spring Break. In April for the State meet we will be closed April 16-20 which is a Thursday – Monday. These classes will need to be made up and can be done so by logging into our system and scheduling your make-up classes accordingly.
• Our Rec program is growing and we are expanding our coaching staff. We have several new coaches that we are super excited to bring into our gymnastics family:
Coach Dylan has returned to work with our Ninjas. Dylan previously coached both boys and girls gymnastics for 3 years with us during the 2014-17 years.
Coach Kirsten will be coaching all our Hotshots classes – She joined us from a gym in Paris Texas where she had coached everything from 2 year olds to team kids for the last 3 years
Coach Brianna is coaching in our Rec Classes. She moved to Irving from Florida where she coached Rec and team for 4 years.
If you see them in the gym please take a minute to introduce yourselves before or after class, as they are looking forward to getting to know all of you and your students.
Mrs. Shelly & the Irving Gymnastics Staff