Posted by IGA – January 02, 2018
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year’s. We are excited to be back and are looking forward to an amazing Spring semester! We have some big news coming in the next few months so stay tuned!
• A huge “THANK YOU” goes out to all of you who brought your children to our Christmas party and donated slippers. We collected 156 pair of Slippers (WOW) to give to the women of the Genesis Women’s Shelter. The shelter was absolutely ecstatic and so grateful to get all our gifts. So from the bottom of our hearts we thank you all so much and look forward to doing it again next year!
• Super Saturday is January 20th! Join us for our annual “JAMMIES IN JANUARY” from 6-10 P.M. Wear your cozy pj’s bring a blanket/pillow and come enjoy the night filled with fun. We will have movies, games, popcorn and dinner. Your kids will not want to miss this so please sign up in the office! Note: Prices have raised $5 due to the increase of students attending and the staff necessary for Super Saturdays. Pricing goes as follows: $25 for the first child, $20 for the second, and $15 for each additional. All students not on the list by the prior Thursday will be charged an additional $5 at the door.
• There will be NO CLASS Thursday January 18th due to a high school meet. We will be having a makeup day on Saturday, January 13th. Make up day will go as follows:
Thursday 5:30-6:30 -> Saturday 1:30-2:30
Thursday 6:30-7:30 -> Saturday 2:30-3:30
Thursday 7:30-8:30-> Saturday 3:30-4:30
• Our coaches wanted to give a quick reminder that although gymnastics is fun, it is crucial that your students do NOT practice at home. This can teach bad habits and makes your child more liable to get injured without proper instruction. So please be mindful that gymnastics should only be practiced in class. If you wish to add another class to your student’s schedule, be sure to talk to your coach or stop by the office before space is up!
• WERE ON INSTAGRAM! @irvinggymnastics Be sure to follow us on Instagram to keep up with the fun. We will be posting updates and showing off how awesome our students are and what they’ve been learning in classes. We will also be taking the fun on the road to showcase our Team Girls as they enter competition season. If you do not want your students featured on our page, be sure to stop by the office.
• For those of you whose children are interested in trying out for the Team program in May, we are beginning a new Pre-Team Class in February. The class will be on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6:00-8:00. The cost for this class is $120 a month. This class is in no way a guarantee that your child will make the team but it will definitely give them an idea of what team will be like. There will be tryouts for this class on Saturday, January 27th from 3:00-5:00pm. The cost to try out will be $25 per child. Space is limited so be sure to sign-up in the office before January 24th.
• Just a reminder tuition will be going up for all Rec students $5 beginning February 1st.
• Our Rec program is growing and we are expanding our coaching staff. We have three new coaches that we are super excited to bring into our gymnastics family, Coach Hannah, Coach Nevaeh and Coach Claudia. If you see them in the gym please take a minute to introduce yourselves before or after class, as they are looking forward to getting to know all of you and your students.
Mrs. Shelly & the IGA Staff