November Gym News
Posted by IGA – October 29, 2018
Fall has arrived! I hope you all and your families are doing well and enjoying this beautiful weather. There are a lot of things going on in the gym the next couple months so please take time to read through everything you get so you or your children do not miss anything.
• The gym will be closed on Wednesday, October 31st. This will not be a class/day to make up as there are 5 Wednesdays in October.
• Just a reminder that November’s tuition will be charged on the 1st of the month.
• Next Sunday, November 4th daylight saving time begins, so you will need to set your clocks back 1 hour before you go to bed on Saturday and enjoy the extra hour of sleep.
• Join us Saturday, November 17th from 6:00-10:00 pm for our Annual "Thanksgiving Feast" Super Saturday. We will have turkey games, turkey crafts, and a traditional Thanksgiving dinner complete with turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans & macaroni & cheese. Sign-up online for this fun “camp”!
• Camp Gobble will be November 19-21st from 7:30am-5:30pm. If you are looking for something fun for your kids to do while they are out of school for the holiday, we have just the solution. Our camp is 3 full days of jam packed activities. All the camp information is found on our website under the “CAMP” tab. You can register online through our website. This camp will fill up, so don’t let your kids miss out on the fun!
• The gym is CLOSED FOR EVENING CLASSES beginning Monday, November 19th – Saturday, November 24th in observance of the Thanksgiving Holidays. We will resume classes on Monday, November 26th. This week does not warrant a make-up.
• Have you liked us on FACEBOOK and are you “CHECKING IN” while you’re here? If not you’re missing out on current happenings, weather closings and any changes going on in the gym. Just search for “Irving Gymnastics” and “like” us so you can keep up with the current events of the gym. If you are in doubt of anything check our FB page or the NEWS on our website at www.irvinggymnastics.net.
• This Week is Customer Appreciation week. We will be celebrating you all this week with refreshments and juice. I will also have the Customer Surveys out again as I would like to hear from you all about how we are doing as a gym. Last month we only received 24 surveys out of the 350 families we have. I love hearing from you all good or bad there is always things we can improve on and we want to be the best we can be. Here are some of the things we have worked on since last month…
- We have ordered 1 set of bleacher pad covers that should be arriving in the next week or so. We will try these out to make sure they work for us then we will order a complete set so that we will have all the bleachers covered.
- Our new curriculum system was rolled out and we spent time doing extra coaches training so that all our coaches are coaching the same skills in the order that they need to be taught. All our kids were put on a training course that you all will be able to log into your account and keep up with.
We have added extra staff so that we can spread the kids out more evenly. Your children may be getting a new coach over the next month as we separate some classes out. Some of you said our classes were too large but we keep our ratios 2 kids lower than the national average.
• We will be offering gymnastics mats and in home accessories for your gymnast this year. These items will make great Christmas gifts for your gymnast. We will be partnering with Norbert’s Gymnastics Equipment to be able to offer you a variety of equipment. I will be sending more information about how to order in the coming weeks. All orders placed by December 3rd will be delivered in time for Christmas.
• Leotards will be returning in November as well. These make great stocking stuffers or just good additions to your collection. We will have doll leotards that will fit the American girls as well. All leotards will be $25 and the doll leos will be $12.
As always please let us know if you have any comments, questions, or concerns,