Posted by IGA – April 11, 2012
• Just a reminder that November’s tuition is charged on the 1st of every month. Any student with an outstanding balance will be dropped from their classes on the 10th of the month. There will be a $10 re-enrollment fee. If there is not a card on your account, your child will be dropped on the 5th.
• Next Saturday, November 5th daylight saving time begins, so you will need to set your clocks back 1 hour before you go to bed on Saturday and enjoy your extra hour of sleep.
• We have noticed a few parents taking photos and videos during classes recently. Please remember, this is NOT allowed for privacy and safety reasons. You make take individual pictures of your child after class. If you notice this activity, please alert the office ASAP.
• ATTENDENCE: Please note that if you are 10 minutes late, you will not be let into class. Students who miss stretching and warm up are more prone to being injured, this is why this policy is very important. If you know you will be late to class, you may call the office and schedule a makeup class. All makeup classes are required to receive a class pass before going into classes. Class passes are given in the office.
• GYMNAST OF THE MONTH: We will be starting our Gymnast of the Month program this month. Coaches and staff will be keeping an eye out and nominate one student from the following categories: Rec, Team, Ninjas and Preschool. There is no real criteria for this but can include having a good attitude, being on time for classes, learning new skills, picking up trash, or just being a good friend to others in class. A coach may nominate any student that is enrolled at IGA. Winners will be put in next month’s newsletter and be given a chance to dig through our treasure chest!
• Join us Saturday, November 18th from 6:00-10:00 pm for our Annual "Thanksgiving Feast". We will have turkey games, turkey crafts, and a traditional Thanksgiving dinner complete with turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans & macaroni & cheese. Sign-up will be on the bulletin board outside the office on the 6th and due by the 16th. Be sure to invite friends!
• We are CLOSED FOR EVENING CLASSES beginning Monday, November 20th – Saturday, November 25th in observance of the Thanksgiving Holidays. We will resume classes on Monday, November 27th. This week does not warrant a make-up.
• NEW STAFF ALERT: Have you noticed a few new faces in our gym these past few weeks? I would like to introduce to you Coach Ana and Coach Jon. Coach Ana is a former competitive gymnast at Trinity High School and Coached at HEB Gymnastics in Euless. She will be taking our 8-9 year old beginner rec classes. Coach Jon is Kinesiology graduate from UNT and now owns his own wellness business called DTX wellness. Jon will be bringing back our boys Ninja classes Monday-Friday! We are so excited to add them to our gymnastics family so please introduce yourselves to them next time you’re in the gym.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Tuesday October 31st – Gym Closed for Halloween!
November 11th – Makeup day for Thursday November 16th (more details to come)
November 18th – SUPER SATURDAY – “Thanksgiving Feast”
December 9th – SUPER SATURDAY – “Tacky Christmas”
December 25-January 1st- Gym closed for Holidays!
We at IGA hope you and your families have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving Holiday.
Mrs. Shelly & the IGA Staff