Its that time of the year for us to start our Pre-team classes. Listed below are the details about the upcoming program. If you have any questions, please let me know.
• Classes will be for gymnast ages 4 and up
• Class times will be Tuesday & Thursday 5:00-6:30 and 6:30-8:00
• Classes will be broken up by age –
5:00-6:30 will be for gymnast 4yrs – 6/7yrs – Coach Shelly will be coaching this class
6:30 – 8:00 will be for 7/8yrs and up – Coach Nick will be coaching this class
• Gymnast must come dressed in a leotard, hair pulled up out of their face and bring a water bottle.
• Tuition for this class will be $175 a month and will only be auto billed on the 1st of every month.
• Your class coaches will be talking to families over the next couple weeks to get the girls who they feel will adapt well to the team program. If for some reason before the 1st your coach has not talked to you, and you would like your child in our Pre-team class please come see me.
How do I know if the pre-team program is something for my daughter and my family?
• Does my daughter want to compete in gymnastics?
• Do I understand gymnastics is a year-round sport?
• Can my daughter attend practices 2/3 days a week for 2-3 hours a night?
• Do I have a payment method on file for monthly tuition?
• Do I support my daughter in their desire to be competitive in gymnastics?
How do I know if my daughter is ready for the Irving Gymnastics team?
As much as we would like to take everyone that is interested into our Pre-Team program, we may not have room for everyone. Just because your daughter makes Pre-team does not guarantee her a spot on the team. All gymnast will need to try-out for the team on Sunday, May 31st from 3-5pm. Tryout fee is $30 per gymnast.
We are looking for girls with their own sense of confidence and who can work well with other gymnasts. Girls should be attentive and responsive to all coaches. They should treat all others (gymnasts and coaches and staff) with respect and kindness. They should be able to set the example in the gym with their desire to do their best in the sport and desire to represent the program with their best character and integrity. We will also be looking at their skills and their ability to listen and improve with instruction.
Looking ahead if they make Team:
Practice time commitment - The team program is a minimum of 4 hours of gymnastics a week. Tuition will be a minimum of $175 per month but could be more depending on what level they are placed in. Summer Team practice which begins the first week of June will be 2 or 3 days a week.
Financial Responsibilities for the Team Program
• Monthly Tuition
• Approximately $1000 additional required for warm-ups, comp leo, practice leos, Meet Fees, Team Fees and other team related expenses.
• Travel Expenses - Traveling meets will be as far as Houston/San Antonio Area
If you still have questions, please let me know.